Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home Security Alarm System

Status
Not open for further replies.

castle_age

Hi,

I basically want to build a cost effective alarm system for my home with the following attributes:

1. Need to have 2 or more zones (connect to basic motion sensors)
2. Input of reed switchs would be nice
3. Needs to have output 3 12volt sirens
4. Needs to connect to 240v mains ac
5. Either a keypad or some other device or system to turn it on and off.
6. Time delay (to allow people to leave after turning on or turn system off when coming home - without the sirens alarming)

If anyone has any diagrams or guides it would be great :)

Thanks

Hi,

I basically want to build a cost effective alarm system for my home with the following attributes:

1. Need to have 2 or more zones (connect to basic motion sensors)
2. Input of reed switchs would be nice
3. Needs to have output 3 12volt sirens
4. Needs to connect to 240v mains ac
5. Either a keypad or some other device or system to turn it on and off.
6. Time delay (to allow people to leave after turning on or turn system off when coming home - without the sirens alarming)

If anyone has any diagrams or guides it would be great :)

Thanks

You are almost certainly better off buying a ready made system, and it will probably work out cheaper too. Even if you build the control unit you'll need to buy the PIR's, alarm sounders etc.

Also, if you build a system yourself it's unlikley your home insurance company will accept it for insurance purposes. In fact I installed a proper alarm system when I built my house and because it wasn't installed and maintained by an approved installer they won't accept it for insurance purposes.

Hi, yeah I actually have the sirens, strobe light, PIR's and reed switches already, sort thought building the control unit would be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back