Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home made quadcopter using Arduino -30 minute flight time

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaosef

I've made a 152" quadcopter using an Arduino nano. It flies nicely with a flight time of over 30 minutes. I've made a video log of the build that you can see here:

I added the code and schematics in the description.
Hope you enjoy it!

Welcome, jaosef!

Very nice. I'd be interested in seeing the design info and arduino code you mention in the video.

Welcome, jaosef!

Very nice. I'd be interested in seeing the design info and arduino code you mention in the video.
When you view the video... hit the youtube button to go to the page... All the stuff is there..

Thanks, Ian. I amaze myself, sometimes, with my level of denseness...:banghead:.

Very impressive but 60cm is not 152.4", it's 23.6" or did I misunderstand?

Mike.

Very impressive but 60cm is not 152.4", it's 23.6" or did I misunderstand?

Mike.
Threw me for a bit aswell!!! 60cm / 25.4 is indeed 23.6"... I think the OP has gone the other way 60cm* 25.4...

Air Canada pilot once made the same mistake in the 70's on metric conversion when Canada made the leap to metric. He inverted the conversion for jet fuel and ran out of fuel an hour before arriving in Winnipeg from Toronto as I recall and coasted from 36k feet all the way to Gimli and safely landed with no fuel.

Try to include code for "land safely" if SoC is low using collision avoidance sensors with emergency landing beeper alerts, assuming you have Coulomb counters for SoC or ESR pulse test

Last edited:
At which point Air Canada mandated a 4 man crew in the cockpit from then on, comprising of Pilot, Co-pilot, Navigator and last but not least, a Metric Converter.

Another Canadian jet (Air Transat) had a fuel leak and ran dry when crossing the Atlantic ocean. It also glided for a long time then landed safely on an air force base on an island.

I was at the park flying my radio controlled model airplanes when a guy carried what looked like a folded up chair to the center of the park. Then he unfolded it into a huge octo-copter model that measured close to 152". He pushed a button on his tablet and the copter took off, when up, went over here then over there then hovered. He pushed another button on his tablet and the copter came back and slowly descended and landed exactly where it took off. BORING! GPS flew it, not him. I asked him how much did it cost. He said $60,000 dollars. He showed me the video it took.

Now this is a single rotor with real flying but servo controlled stability corrections.

It landed softly in front of him. Now that's what I call tight servo and extreme tight flying.

At which point Air Canada mandated a 4 man crew in the cockpit from then on, comprising of Pilot, Co-pilot, Navigator and last but not least, a Metric Converter.
I think it was 1 cockpit crew per engine L1011 had 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back