Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

home made PCB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

not_me

since it is very hard to have a solder mask on homemade PCB's, could the board be spray painted after solderin or would this make it worse?

am gonna try the spray paint on the next board i make... al post some pics of it then (now just to get sum spray paint...)

not_me said:
since it is very hard to have a solder mask on homemade PCB's, could the board be spray painted after solderin or would this make it worse?

If you only use trough-hole components then you don't need a soldermask when hand soldering. It's only usefull for smd components...

Are we talking about the green stuff on professional PCBs?

I too have tried finding stuff that makes PCBs go green and produces a nice solder mask. I hadn't thought of spray paint before. I'm looking for the nice professional looking finish, not the masking affect as much.

If anyone out there knows where you can purchase the green lacquer, I'd be very interested.

What's the reason for painting, corrosion? Tarnish,? Use clear lacquer.

Last edited:
Who cares?

I'm interested if there's a cheap way to make a solder mask even if the OP left the building long ago.

Hi all,

I posted about DIY-solderstop mask already.

Here's the link again.

**broken link removed**

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back