Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home heater repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

demitrix

Working on a project in my garage we had a small oil heater plugged into an extention cord and melted the orignal wiring, im replacing the wire but i lost my notes on how it was connected and was hoping someone here could figure it out. Heres a picture that explains most of it.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Is that "the incredible heat machine"? It looks just like the one I have.
I have no idea how to connect the wires though. All thats in the picture is wire and connectors, there is no way for any of us to see what goes where.

Its a delonghi, all three wires run into the heater. There are the two on off switches with three prongs each and the dial at the top.

when the switch si turned on it connects the top and middle prongs.

Last edited:
demitrix said:
Working on a project in my garage we had a small oil heater plugged into an extention cord and melted the orignal wiring, im replacing the wire but i lost my notes on how it was connected and was hoping someone here could figure it out. Heres a picture that explains most of it.

As you say, i'm "figuring it out". It may be the right way to connect it, but it may not. :confused:

The thing that appears at the top of your 3rd photo is the thermostat. The big terminal at the end of the black wire with a blue wire attached should connect to it.

when the switch si turned on it connects the top and middle prongs
Then the two terminals with brown wire should go to the middle prongs of the switches.

Do the shitches light up when they are on? If so, the bottom prongs may be the other side of the indicator light. If that is the case, the two blue wires connect to them.

The wire you got uses the european / international color code:

Brown = Live
Blue = Neutral
Yellow + green = Safety ground.

Of course, there also should be a yellow + green (or it may be only green or even bare) ground wire that connects to the heater's chassis

:eek: :eek: BE SHURE YOU CONNECT THE CHASSIS TO GROUND
:eek: :eek:

You know actually that sounds right...i had originally drawn out the connections but that got lost. There isnt a ground :( the original plug was 2 prong

I guess i shouldve taken a larger picture but the two wires in the 2nd photo are directly connected to the plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back