Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

home electric

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedail

in my home there is tow line can i know what is this
and what is the current flow in the wire is it positive or nigative or ground and what is the charge of ground is it positive

the second question in AC
the signal like signsodial so it is tow wires where is it flow in and the second wires what is have when the first have positice or negatvie

sorry but my first techer buil my concept of electric wrong and for now i am not understand to now this

in my home there is tow line can i know what is this
and what is the current flow in the wire is it positive or nigative or ground and what is the charge of ground is it positive

the second question in AC
the signal like signsodial so it is tow wires where is it flow in and the second wires what is have when the first have positice or negatvie

sorry but my first techer buil my concept of electric wrong and for now i am not understand to now this

hi,
If your house is connected to the local mains power supply and the supply is 'ac' then the two wires are named LINE and NEUTRAL. sometimes the LINE is also called PHASE.
In some countries the NEUTRAL is connected to the EARTH wire.

As the supply is 'ac' this means alternating current. The power station drives the two wires with a 'sine wave' voltage of 50Hz or 60Hz.

Is this what you mean.?

yes it is
but can u explain me what is the tow line and what the voltage derived
and what is the nutral

I would suppose that's why they call it the "WORLD-WIDE Web". He speeky zee English far better than I speeky any second language. We have some South African friends here and she speeky zee English, Afrikaans, Dutch, German, French, etc., and most "Americans" don't even have a good command of their native language let alone caring about learning another.

Last edited:
Americans speeky with their guns. Many americans can hardly speeky zee English. Why didn't they go to school like everybody else??

Americans speeky with their guns. Many americans can hardly speeky zee English. Why didn't they go to school like everybody else??

Person who speaks two languages = bilingual
Person who speaks three languages = trilingual
Person who speaks one language = American

;)

Lefty

Technically, it does not matter if you have a ground. VOltage is only relative to other voltages. So as long as Wire A is sinusoidally going above and below Wire B, and wire B is sinudoidally going above and below wire A you have a sinusoidal voltage.

In real life, they connect one of those wires to neutral and is the same voltage as ground (but not the same wire as ground for safety reasons) because WIre A and B could be AC 120V relative to each other, but they could both be 10kV+120V and 10kV-120V relative to ground. Since you are standing on the ground you are at the same voltage as ground/neutral voltage and would get a lighting bolt jumping towards you from the socket if that was the case.

Last edited:

For a smart person, you can be a real moron. Did they not teach you about stereotyping or etiquette in school.

I suppose I should give you some respect since you are an elder, but it is hard to do so when you show little or no respect to others.

Have you forgotton the golden rule? Ethic of reciprocity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What happened to you that has made you so bitter and mean?

Man this post just really erks me in a big way.

**broken link removed**

For an old guy, you have a lot of growing up to do.

Last edited:
For an old guy, you have a lot of growing up to do.

I'll second that.:mad:

If scrooge hasnt got a constructive answer for an OP, why cant he just shut up and stop polluting the threads with his paranoia.

sorry yesi mean two

hi,
Look at this image, it shows the basic idea of 'ac' generation.

The alternator in the drawing is just a simple pole magnet spinning inside two wire coils.

The output from the coils is a sine wave, so the current flows one way around the two wires for 180 degrees and then reverses and flows the other way for 180 deg and so on.
So the two wires are alternate positive and negative voltage.

Do you follow OK.?

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back