Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home built heating element

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose_81993

We are working on a project to send to go pros 100,000 ft up in the sky. unfortunatly at that height temperatures are horrible. so I am hoping to create a heating element to control temperature internally. I am not an electronics guy but i am at a technical school there is not a short supply of guys who know what their doing in that department. if anybody could help that would be alot of help. heres some specs that i have.

- 2 day battery life
- 70*F ± 5*F constant
- realitively small like 5" x 5" x 5"
Thanks

A lot depends on the size of the box and its insulation. If it is well insulated (and maybe black) it should be pretty easy. Maybe a foam box with a clear window for the camera? Two days is a long time for a heater. Do you have a plan for a battery?

Howdy, I'd be tempted to go chemo-thermal: a slow exothermic reaction inside an insulation box And outside another insulation box. I'd gather a representative temp curve from some weather people then talk to some chemical engineers about reaction rates & civil engineers about insulation characteristics of temperature gradients & heat transfer.

Between the two, you should be able to get a good guess on what'll work. Next step is to stage the temps to be encountered (serious refrigeration) & try some combinations with an RF temp gauge and see what Really is workable. Good Hunting... <<<)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back