Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home Automation using IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdaroga

guys i need help to control house lights and fans using ir.
i should be able to control the light intensity and fan speed using a remote control.

use a a to d converter to send and a d to a converter to recive.
if you do that you can just apply voltage to the sender and to fan/light will change speed or brightness

dan.

dan ur being too laconic.
plz be more elaborate. if u hav any circuit on doing that then that would help a lot.

sorry, lol run a infered led from a A - D converter.
use a infered phototransistor to a D - A converter to run a amplifyer to the fan.
i don't know how a d-a conveter works and i don't know how a a-d converter works.

Attachments

• d-a_a-d.jpg
    d-a_a-d.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 797
Sorry 'danielsmusic', but your suggestion makes no sense at all!.

The project really consists of two parts, one is the IR control, the second is the actual control of the two completely different items. An incandescent lamp can be controlled by phase shift power control, a fan depends entirely on the particular type of fan!.

im looking for a circuit with a microcontroller which will be using pwm for speed and intensity control. plz can anyone tell me how to do it. or if anyone can get me a link that has all this

hdaroga said:
im looking for a circuit with a microcontroller which will be using pwm for speed and intensity control. plz can anyone tell me how to do it. or if anyone can get me a link that has all this

All these requirements are covered in my tutorials, although you would have to integrate them together.

But again, you need to be sure that PWM will work for you application, it's 'mostly' for low voltage DC loads (lamps or DC motors).

hdaroga said:

Light Intensity of AC bulbs can be easily done by varying the firing angle of a TRIAC (antiparallel SCRs). You need to connect the AC bulb in series with the TRIAC. Also required is a DIAC which will be used as a firing device. There is no special requirement of a microcontroller here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back