Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

home automation through telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kautilya

hi there,

i am trying a project on home automation through a telephone. i am trying to design my own system for this. can u give me some ideas regarding this? any site i should refer? any journal papers i can refer?

what is the simulation software i should know for designing this system?

i will appreciate if u help me in this matter.

regards
kautilya

What exactly are you trying to control?

Edit: Do you need to do this from a remote telephone, i.e. does it have to answer a telephone ring?

Conceptually, you will need a telephone audio transformer to couple the dial tone signal from the telephone line, a DTMF decoder circuit to detect the dial tones, and some sort of logic (probably a microcontroller) to detect a particular code sequence and perform a task. (It is also possible to detect DTMF signals directly with a microcontroller such as **broken link removed**).

Don't know that you would need any simulation software for that, unless you are performing some complex tasks.

Last edited:
Try using Google to search for this stuff, all the information is out there. Once you get the project started if you have trouble or need help that's what the forums are for. But you should do your own preliminary research first. It avoids people having to answer the same questions over and over again.
As far as sim software goes LTSpice is very powerful, and more importantly free =) It isn't easy for beginners to use, but very much worth the time to get used to it.

LTSpice can be downloaded here
Linear Technology - LTspice IV Downloads and Updates

And has a very good community support group here (the help files suck)
**broken link removed**

pc based gps system

hi there,

i am trying a project on pc based gps system. i am trying to design my own system for this. can u give me some ideas regarding this? any site i should refer? any journal papers i can refer?

what is the simulation applications i should know for designing this system?

i will appreciate if u help me in this matter.

regards
kannagi

Last edited:
I won't likely be of any help, but I do have a question. Do you intend to simply use the phone line in the same way that a high-speed internet connection does, or do you want an acoustic command system that goes through an actual telephone handset?

I think the original poster may have solved the problem, or moved on. It's been more than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back