Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home Alarm System

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxygen454

I have searched all through this forum and all through the net but I am unable to find much information on how to build a simple alarm. I need a schematic to build the circuit. I dont have a way to program ic's so I just want to use the good old chips. I build an alarm in high school but I lost the schmatics for it. Is there a 555 involved?

I want to build an alarm that triggers when a door is open and delays for a certain amount of time (30 sec.) and then triggers a siren. All running 12 vdc.

Any help would be much appriciated!

Chris

hey I think that might just help thanks! It looks pretty confusing and will ahve to break it down so it will work for a door trigger in a house or in this case for our shed.

To all the rest interested I just found a siren circuit that I am going to try. Found at: **broken link removed**

Thanks Russlk! If anyone has any more simpilar diagram or has ideas please help out! haha

Chris

Okay simplifying the circuit a bit. I have a siren from a car alarm system that will be triggered when the door is opened with out the right code. What I need to figure out is how to make a circuit so that when a door is opened it knows and triggers on the siren.

When the right code is entered it will send an approx 3 second pulse to a transistor which in turn will the power off to the sensor on the doors. So far only have the key pad somewhat worked out.

Better reword my question. How can I make a simple circuit with say transistors or whatever needed to build my alarm. I have the keypad and siren but what i need is to make a device so that when the door is closed a light shows armed and ready, then when the door is opended, it triggers a open state in the line and sets off the siren.

I need simple as it gets because I am not too advanced with electronis. I know somewhat about ic's and the basics of grade 12 advanced electronics haha.

You guys are always a huge help! Keep up the great work!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back