Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Holy Oversized Images, Batman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigiTan

I've noticed --pretty much from day #1-- that a lot of oversized photos and schematics get posted here. Now I'm not one to complain, but scrolling through pictures that are x3 bigger than my desktop (or my desk for that matter) gets old faster than a rusty bike in a rainstorm. Here in rub salt in the wounds is the fact that these proposterous pictures throw off the table width for the entire page.

My motto for image sizing is: "If it can fit, then let it sit. If seen from space, you must replace." Who's with me on this one?

Yep I have to agree with you on this Digi-tan. Generally if I need to scroll sideways to look at a thread I usually don't bother. I mean it's just too easy to preview your posting to see the size of an image but simple things tend to elude alot of people.

No such problems for me.

If you use firefox just right click and click view image and it will get resised to fit your screen.

IE is old. what is your screen resolution? i have 1920x1200 and rarely if ever need to scroll around even with IE...

panic mode said:
IE is old. what is your screen resolution? i have 1920x1200 and rarely if ever need to scroll around even with IE...

That depends more on your screen size than anything else, I run 1024x768 on 17 inch monitors, and 800x600 on anything smaller.

I think our school lab was using something like 1280x1024, but some of the attachments I've spotted look like they were made for the silver screen. My mouse is dog tired of the left-right scrolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back