Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Holtek for data transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

ananth85

Can this circuit be used for data transmission via RF. If yes how to send 16 bit of data

Attachments

• Holtek.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 237
Can this circuit be used for data transmission via RF. If yes how to send 16 bit of data
YES.
It is possible and you may have to send them as two different bytes and re pack them at the receiver point by special hardware or by using a controller with some software.

It's a really poor way to do it, the Holtek chips are for remote control, NOT data transfer.

Far easier to use your micro-controllers to send and receive Manchester coded data packets, and no extra hardware required, all done in software.

The two devices in the doc file above are not HT12E & HT12D.

The ones in the doc file have 8 address lines and 8 data lines. The HT12E & HT12D have 8 address lines and only 4 data lines.
You are right John,
the Op has comfortably edited part of the schematic from page 3 of the attached schematic. they are HT640 and HT648L or HT650. I personally feel that the OP does not deserve help as he wants to conceal something by deliberate removal of the chip names even while seeking help. Or he is childish in doing so!!

Attachments

• HT remotes.pdf
    119.6 KB · Views: 272
I didn't think they had a decoder with 8 or more data lines. The parts you mentioned are obsolete (they are in North America). This part would have made life a lot easier for me.

So back to using software to decode/encode manchester.

I didn't think they had a decoder with 8 or more data lines. The parts you mentioned are obsolete (they are in North America). This part would have made life a lot easier for me.

So back to using software to decode/encode manchester.
the Op and me are both from India. If he had mentioned these chips , they might be available locally. I know that HT12D/E are sold here at less than 2$ a set.

I do agree that Micro controller way of handling is much superior as Nigel already put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back