Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Holiday at last.. maybe only a few days....good enough though for me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvtech

Most Helpful Member
Hi Guys

Tomorrow afternoon I leave my habitat here and ride around 7 Hours to visit my 87 Year old Mom. She is in and old age home far away.
I have not seen her since December 2012. Good family chats and all were had with that wonderful visit....

Since 2012, lots has happened though.

The stalwart of the family and someone who I regarded as a Brother (my Brother in law) passed away in December last year after 3 Months of fighting a heart that did not want to work anymore. He went through hell. And decided to let life go. There is only so much sickness and pain your body can stand.

My Sister is living in the same Town as my Mom. My Sister has recently lost her husband^^^above.
I do not get along with my Sister. We always end up fighting..My Brother in law is no longer with us to calm the air. If my Sister and I speak maybe 100 words to each other in 5 Days it's a lot.
And the only way I get to see my Mom is to stay with my Sister....otherwise all ends up too expensive.

Why am I posting this here on a Public Forum??? Because these are some of the difficult things that people have to deal with. This whole thing is a potential train smash for me.....but I have to do it. Otherwise I might never see my Mother again.

It's not pleasant if you KNOW you are going to walk into a situation....

Maybe my Sister has changed though. Maybe she has become a nicer person. Maybe we get to like each other.

Maybe we even talk more.

The only way I can find out is if I experience it first hand.

Wish me luck Guys. Hold thumbs for me and my Sister.

See you when I get back

Regards,
tvtech

Update.....

Longest week of my life. Not really a holiday but done and dusted.
Saw my Mom, and all. She is well and cared for.

My Sister is grieving the loss of her Husband. She believes that everybody should be like him (guys)....
Nah......sorry to say I will not allow myself to be bossed around like she did to her Husband.....

As soon as you sit down to relax...she will find something for you to do.

Plant a flower there, dig there...and so on...

Nah. Fulk that.

Regards,
tvtech

Update.....

Saw my Mom, and all. She is well and cared for........
Plant a flower there, dig there...and so on........

Regards,
tvtech

Nice to know your Mom is well.
Open question to ALL - Why do you think this behavior is so common ► "As soon as you sit down to relax...she will find something for you to do."

Nice to know your Mom is well.
Open question to ALL - Why do you think this behavior is so common ► "As soon as you sit down to relax...she will find something for you to do."

Hi prprog

I really don't know. Maybe something to do with a long Bossy marriage?

Who knows?.

Regards,
tvtech

A very good question, I have often wondered about this myself.

Many women despise their husbands hobbies. I have noticed this on several occasions when selling stuff at amateur radio club junk sales.
A guy will be quite interested in something which I have for sale and then chicken out with a comment like "The wife will go mad if I bring anything else into the house".

I am glad to say this is something which my late wife did not inflict on me.
She would however say "You have just bought something, so I can have something of equal value!"
Luckily she was generally quite economical and never did spend as much on "toys" as I did.

JimB

Ah my wife is just miserable, so if I sit down for more than a minute she gets mad.

Update.....

Saw my Mom, and all. She is well and cared for.

My Sister is grieving the loss of her Husband. She believes that everybody should be like him (guys)....
Nah......sorry to say I will not allow myself to be bossed around like she did to her Husband.....

Plant a flower there, dig there...and so on...

Nah. Fulk that.

Regards,
tvtech

I'm with you on that one; I learned my lesson.

Could it be the stress killed him? I recall my last wife to whom I walked out on such behavior. Working 2 jobs at the time to pay the bills and helping out around the house not excluding running her brat kids around to their little fun night out. This time it was a friday night skating party. After working daily 14hrs then helping with dinner and cleanup. Then picked up the oldest; age 14 at a skating party. It was 11:30pm so exhausted on the way home; finally I'm done. I sat down to get much needed rest and suddenly she went off. I told her a couple bad words; adding if I do one more (Swear word) "thing" I'm going to have a heart attack; she just kept on going with it. I said fine I'll be gone in the morning.

She couldn't believed it when I walked out; never to return. It was then I realized my health overshadowed my commitment to the relationship. I've been with my now wife 20+ years; she has her responsibilities and I mine. We both say don't sweat the small stuff; she works as hard as I do. If she wants to do more thats her problem. I modulate my work; I'm not lazy. I just don't need to be nuts over little stupid things that needle most people. Why do I have to lay awake in bed over things like that; it's just stupid. All because of 2 dishes that aren't washed or the kitchen floor wasn't mopped on that day; big deal.

They will be their in the morning; it's not going to kill anyone. But if you let those little things get to you; maybe the stress will.

Last edited:
Thanks KV for your input Buddy...

Hey, we all soldier on. And learn....

Certain things need to be done and processed in the mind. You remember the Dude that I worked with that made me Crazy with wastage and fighting and all......he is History. Fired... For beating up one of his own kind on the business premises.

Final warning for fighting = go away. Don't come back. Don't say you are sorry AGAIN......

Sorry, sorry, sorry does not cut it anymore. Stupid people don't get the seriousness of this...............

Done and dusted. Nothing worse than working next to an Idiot on the bench :banghead:

Dunning Kruger......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Hey Guys

All I can say is I am lucky, lucky, lucky to have met my wife. She is wonderful and lovely and healing to me, just a shame she is so ill and there is so little I can do to help.

Anyway, glad to hear your mum is well, TV, and you survived the long week! Now you must do some work so you can recover!

Hey Guys

All I can say is I am lucky, lucky, lucky to have met my wife. She is wonderful and lovely and healing to me, just a shame she is so ill and there is so little I can do to help.

Anyway, glad to hear your mum is well, TV, and you survived the long week! Now you must do some work so you can recover!

Let her know how lucky you are and how you feel about her...every day...that is all what is needed.
PRPROG

Well anyway...I have been truly blessed :):):)

With all the crap I went through for the last Seven Years...One of the VERY BEST Crt Tech's this Country has to offer is now working next to me:)

And we are flat out flying through sets. It makes me so happy to get up in the Morning and know we are a Sensible Team...

It's been a long time though. I never thought it would happen. I am not really Religious and all.....but I truly believe that God had a hand in this.

I feel that things are at last going to be excellent.

I am one happy chappy:)

:):):):):):):)

Happy tvtech:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the Rep Buddy. Much appreciated. Here is one for you too.

Sometimes it is good to just talk about amazing stuff that happens.

That's me. Constantly amazed with people and how good they actually are if given half a chance....we mostly all go through hell at times. How you handle that situation depends on stuff.

My little situation here was/had been beyond reason for a long time. Totally unacceptable behaviour from a staff member that thought it was invincible for a very long time. Not so. Seven Years it took to get him fired.....rambling on here and happy that he is at last gone....effectively fired himself for fighting on the business premises....

And now, after all the crap, I am going to live again. And be happy:)

Regards,
tvtech

LOL..now I forgot who to REP:)???

Stupid me :wideyed:

Life is good. Please remind me tomorrow:woot:

All the best,
tvtech

Woman can be either the best thing next to sliced bread, or the absolute worst nightmare that will make a Freddy Kruger movie look like baby lullaby

My now eX (finally divorced) tried to have me killed. Hired two hitman and had me attacked in my own home in front of my kids. Criminally she and the two compliances were found guilty of attempted murder. Sentencing will commence in July. The divorce case could only continue once a criminal verdict was read.

That was the BAD wife.

I have now met an absolute Angel.

Where the BAD one would not allow me to do one thing, the Angel embraces it with open arms and encourages me to do it. You have no idea how it feels to be in a relationship where you have the freedom and love to live your life as you wish.

To those of you out there with the b1tch wives, BEWARE. One day is one day and they will snap. You might be lucky and walk away from it alive, or you might pay the ultimate price?

Woman can be either the best thing next to sliced bread, or the absolute worst nightmare that will make a Freddy Kruger movie look like baby lullaby

My now eX (finally divorced) tried to have me killed. Hired two hitman and had me attacked in my own home in front of my kids. Criminally she and the two compliances were found guilty of attempted murder. Sentencing will commence in July. The divorce case could only continue once a criminal verdict was read.

That was the BAD wife.

I have now met an absolute Angel.

Where the BAD one would not allow me to do one thing, the Angel embraces it with open arms and encourages me to do it. You have no idea how it feels to be in a relationship where you have the freedom and love to live your life as you wish.

To those of you out there with the b1tch wives, BEWARE. One day is one day and they will snap. You might be lucky and walk away from it alive, or you might pay the ultimate price?
Wow glad you made it out alive.

tvtech, glad you had an enjoyable and safe trip. Enjoy your mom while you can, I lost mine a few years back but she had a great 92 years. I also enjoy seeing and visiting all my siblings.

Wow, I guess I am fortunate in that Kathy pretty much leaves me alone. May 1st of this year marked one year since I retired. As many here know my hobby is shooting and since my retirement I spend plenty of time on the shooting ranges with no complaints. We did spend a few weeks in the Caribbean this spring together and do things together but I also have my independent life. I just returned from 3 weeks down south visiting many of my old childhood friends and plan a trip to NY in July. Kathy seldom if ever nags me to do this or do that. Tomorrow is looking good for a nice day at the rifle range. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back