Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hold circuit to keep a 24vac relay closed 5 seconds after power is removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidbrink48

I have a Optex photoelectric detector that can handle 28vdc .2A max output. I need it to control a sprinkler system solenoid which is 24vac. I also need the solenoid to stay on for 5 to 8 seconds regardless of the detector state. In reading the specs on the Optex AX-130, once tripped I believe it stays in an alarm status for 1-2 seconds only. I need to be able to use the detectors 2 second output voltage (28vdc) to control a relay that will hold a 24vac voltage to the solenoid for 5 to 8 seconds. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Dave

Are you looking for something to make or buy? You can purchase a time delay relay (off delay relay) off the shelf that will do this. Check FactoryMation.com, AutomationDirect.com, DigiKey.com, Mouser.com and other electronics suppliers. You may have to sort past the more expensive parts to find one in your price range.

Dale

That works for me. I figured somebody has had a need for this application. Thanks for the suggestion. If the price is reasonably, I should be good to go. Thanks for the help!
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back