Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hmmm, this does not look like the lister forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

amashinga

Or smell like it, and its all clean an stuff :D

Jokes aside, I am trying to resurrect an old pincor genny head and I have a basic question I hope to get a response on. The generator has a strange board, brush holder with a bunch of couplings. It appears to be ceramic. **broken link removed**

As you can see, its prone to breaking. I need to fix it. My first thought was to just replace the broken piece with fibreglass, but epoxy breaks down with heat, and I dont know how much heat these brushes generate. Any ideas on material, glues and places to buy them ?.

Sorry about such basic questions guys, but please understand that my pet diesels dont have so much as an electric start :)

Cheers
Bruce

Or smell like it, and its all clean an stuff :D

Jokes aside, I am trying to resurrect an old pincor genny head and I have a basic question I hope to get a response on. The generator has a strange board, brush holder with a bunch of couplings. It appears to be ceramic. **broken link removed**

As you can see, its prone to breaking. I need to fix it. My first thought was to just replace the broken piece with fibreglass, but epoxy breaks down with heat, and I dont know how much heat these brushes generate. Any ideas on material, glues and places to buy them ?.

Sorry about such basic questions guys, but please understand that my pet diesels dont have so much as an electric start :)

Cheers

Welcome to the forum!!
Bruce
When the original manufacturer used Bakelite sheet and it worked so far, you can well try to replace with similar meterial. afterall we are trying to service it and not redesign.

Yes, I'd use Paxolin or Tufnol sheet first - as its tough, easy to work and cheap.

Tufnol is rated to around 120 deg C for continuous duty - so it should handle usual motor/genny heat OK. If that is not enough, you could go to something like PEEK (250 deg C) - but it is pretty expensive!

If the brushes are getting that hot, I would be concerned there is something wrong - as that kind of heat is likely to damage the com or slip rings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back