Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

history not clearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

wen i clear my history/delete all cookies etc there are still a few random sites what arent deleting so wen i type what the site stats with. the otha sites come up. any1 kno how 2 get rid of this?

You must be the newest member of the I hate windoze club..................

Find out the directory is that store cookies , reboot the machine. hit F8, boot in dos mode use the command line :
cd/: ( to where the cookies are stored) it might be a few sub-directories away from the c: prompt).
then type "del *.* "

voilà done.
I have a script ( autoexec) that deletes cookies and swapfile every time the system boots, I then use a wipe tool once a week( shred- a free down load from ZD magazines) to clear the traces of my activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back