Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High voltage IGBT gate driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKrak

Hey,
I'm having a lot of trouble finding a 1200V IGBT gate driver for a 3 phase VFD I am designing.

So far all I have found is a few (kind of unsuitable) drivers from International Rectifier (IR2233, IR2114 etc). There are heaps of 600V gate drivers on the market, but they aren't suitable to use because the 3 phase voltage here in Australia is 415VAC. I'm also open to the option of using one of those integrated devices (where the driver is inbuilt with the IGBT) - so far all I have found is 600V models.

This is meant to be for a cheap, small 3 phase VFD. When I started I thought it would be pretty easy...

Has anyone else had this problem or can at least point me in the right direction. I have literally spent the last 2 days dredging through datasheets on the internet.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back