Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High voltage and high joules device

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezbruce

Hello gentlemen
Can anyone please recommend a small R&D electronics company or a individual that can help design and build a high voltage and high joules output device that i need for a experiment that I'm in the middle of ?
THIS WOULD BE FOR A FEE OF COURSE !!!!!!!!!!!
Any where that has computer connections. China, Korea,Thailand,USA, Great Brittan ?????

thank you Ezbruce
ezmoneybruce@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Probably help to know where you are located.

Explain your basic principal and aim or there's not much anyone can say.
"high" is not a word that has a scientific value that can be used to base an informed decisions.

Isnt what you are looking for basically just a Stun-Gun, easily found on EBay

must have some questions OOOPS!!!

OK this is what I need it to do
1. 20 joules output
2.must operate by a signal voltage of 6KV to 35KV
3.must be able to charge and discharge in micro seconds
4. can be powered by 12 DC or 120 VAC
5.must be water resistant the device will operate in a foul environment,

any other questions please seen me your fax number1
thank you
ezbruce

You could probably do this with a properly valued eletric fence energizer.

20 joules output at what total power over say a 1 second period?

20 joules?

I was hoping the high joules reference meant mega joules or at least something in the several kilo joules levels.:(

You know, induction coils the size of small cars and capacitor banks the size of 55 gallon drums, that sort of levels. :eek:

20 Joules over a few mili or micro seconds is serious energy though tcmtech

Serious power perhaps. 20 joules is the same energy no matter how long it's over.

Last edited:
this may help thanks for looking

High Voltage, High Joule Output
Electronic Device
{piggy back design}

1. The device must have a out side electric input either 12 V DC or 120 V AC .
(switchable ) I will supply the switching device, when the switch is off the signal
Must pass through the device UNINTERUPTED .
When the switch is on the device must supply the high Joules that it
Designed for.
2. Must operate by a pass through signal of between 6 KV to 40 KV .
3. Must be able to fire and recharge and fire with in 1 mille second or preferably faster at
1 micro second .
4. Must have a 20 joule out put and must recharge and fire in 1mille second or preferably
At 1 micro second .
5. Must be some what robust water resistant but need not be water proof.

Yeah but the time domain is critical.
20 Joules over 20 seconds is only the equivalent power dissipation of a 1 watt lightbulb operated for 20 seconds.
20 Joules over 1 micro scecond is equivalent to a pulse of power of 20 MILLION watts of power

Over the equivilent period of time the power is even identical, the effects are going to be drastically different though.

The 6-35kv and 'micro seconds' boundry that the poster gave is so vague it can cover several orders of magnitude of power.

more info

I can use the device if we use 25KV as the input signal.I hope this helps
Also the time element has some variable in it however the output of 20 joules must take place in just a few mille seconds.
thanks Ebruce

At 25KV, Just charge a .07 Cap.
The Cap When Shorted will be about 20 Joules.

Want to Talk, Email me your Phone Number.

to SCEADWIAN

you appear to have grasped the problem quickly !!!!

the 20 joules of output is greatly different because of the time value and that is one of the problems I'm having.
another thing I would like to be able to repeat the 20 joules many times in as short a time as possible . Most likely a few mills seconds,or possibly slightly longer.
Do you have any ideas????

thanks for your input
Bruce

you appear to have grasped the problem quickly !!!!

the 20 joules of output is greatly different because of the time value and that is one of the problems I'm having.
another thing I would like to be able to repeat the 20 joules many times in as short a time as possible . Most likely a few mills seconds,or possibly slightly longer.
Do you have any ideas????

thanks for your input
Bruce

How Fast it can Repeat, Just depends on the Charge Current.
But it sure sound like your just wanting a Stun Gun?

The charging of capacitors to high voltages is going to take a while with most circuits, anything that can charge them really fast is going to be pretty dangerous, you could use a bank of them charged and discharged one after another from separate circuits, you have to build more circuits but the practicality of the results you want looks a little more attainable.

Can you nail down the specifics of what you're trying to do a little better you still have some pretty wide ranges you listed, if you could explain what you're trying to do instead of what you think you need it'll help us suggest something that'll work. This is a common problem here when people come in asking question based on varied specs they've pulled from what little the know on the subject instead of providing some details that we can look up ourselves.

We know one thing, you want 20 joule pulses, why that particular amount of power? You said a few miliseconds but again that's a huge possible range and will affect the total power you'll need (and what to suggest) again by several orders of magnitude, same with the voltage l leve you're charging to. It's a little unusual to see a specific joule requirement without a specific power associated with it.
If we had the EXACT period of time that that joule rating was required to be discharged over we could figure out the time period, or if we knew the time period. Better yet if we knew what you were trying to do we might be able to suggest these values ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back