Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High torque mini DC motor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporgo

Im looking for a motor or motor and planetary gear assembly of very small dimensions. The diameter of the assembly can be a maximum of 3/4" and a length of no more than 3". The motor or assembly needs a stall torque of no less than 44 in oz. I have looked around online quite a bit but the ones I see that would work are offered only from bulk dealers. Anyone know a good hobby supplier who stocks such a thing?

Thanks for the help guys.

Hi,

you might take a look at battery driven screwdrivers. They normally use a planetary reduction gear and they are smaller than you specified.

A cheap screwdriver is less than 5 EURO in Germany and you might salvage one of those.

Boncuk

Good suggestion but no, those drive assemblies are to large. I already have one of them I have used for testing. Has the perfect amount of power but is just way to large.

THese are probably not planetary but they are inline...

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Thats perfect dknguyen thanks very much. I dont know how I missed those I looked on that site earlier.

Hi dknguyen,

thanks for the hint. Just ordered two GM22 for my solar tracker. They are even much smaller than the screwdriver motors and gear. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back