Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high speed ttl wireless communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan555

I have a pic that produces a
19 kHz (not fixed) TTL signal with the highs/1s lasting for 110us to 30us
I'm very new to wireless communications and would like some help in reccomending a good wireless transmitter resciever modules for the information above

Thanks dan

Use opto Tx /Rx for short distances depending on specs.

It rather needs to be radio as its over a distance of 50m and is not in line of sight

I found this but I'm not sure if it can transfer the signal faster enough

**broken link removed**

Google quasar 2.4ghz first PDF link

The gain of antenna must be improved to avoid Facing loss at 50m, ie. deadspots.

You might consider this rig:
**broken link removed**.
And Roman Black's tests: https://www.romanblack.com/RF/cheapRFmodules.htm.
Note his range data. From the Ebay spec, up to 200M is possible, depending on supply voltage to xmitter. Also note that a "pre-burst" packet front end may be necessary to allow the rcvr's gain to settle.
Price is certainly a plus...

<EDIT> Just noticed the data rate problems. dan555, are you absolutely wedded to the 19K data rate? Can it be reduced to 1200 or 2400 baud?

Last edited:
Consider most 100mW wifi cant do better than 15-20m when not line of sight but >30m with direct and >100m with high gain antenna

Just noticed the data rate problems (Frequency and duty cycle testing). dan555, can you reduce your data rate to 1200 or 2400 baud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back