Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High speed scope options. Economical, yet powerful. Handheld, PC based, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

We really need to buy another scope. Only have an old BK 15mhz unit. Really want a logger with high speed triggers, etc and would be really nice to see 3-4 channels. I realize in a store bought unit, this might be expensive. Was also considering building one with a DAQ card but not sure if that is opening a can of worms we really don't want to mess with...

One application that comes to mind is testing of a PWM circuit that fires at 350hz but I need enough resolution or points to accurately define the edges of the square wave to determine pulse width.

I would not need any huge amount of data logged for the higher speed testing. maybe 10 seconds.

A friend has mentioned they bought a honeywell system that they like. I have looked at the fluke hand helds but I think they are overpriced and under equiped IMO.

Should we look more at the DAQ system and make it expandable or look at a store bought system? I do NOT want to put a budgetary number on this just yet but would like to get ballpark numbers from you guys so I can get a feel for this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back