Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Speed Operational Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Eric

Thank you very much.

Option 2 is actually my next requirement to meet(spcs 4), . It is a big big help.

Last edited:
hi,
This is the AC analysis with +/-0.9v, with a 1Vsignal and 0V offset.

Is this what you are asking.???

Attachments

• AAesp13.gif
    AAesp13.gif
    42.5 KB · Views: 149
  • specs3c.asc
    3.5 KB · Views: 117
Hi Eric

Sorry about keep on disturbing you.

It should be like attached graph. Because when you close loop you amp, the gain is 1 and. output should follow input with 1V p-p. Isn’t is?

Kindly correct me if I am wrong. I will get advice from my professor too. If I found it, I will post .asc file.

Thank you for helping me.
God bless you.

Attachments

• Transient response.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 121
Hi Eric

Sorry about keep on disturbing you.

It should be like attached graph. Because when you close loop you amp, the gain is 1 and. output should follow input with 1V p-p. Isn’t is?

Kindly correct me if I am wrong. I will get advice from my professor too. If I found it, I will post .asc file.

Thank you for helping me.
God bless you.

hi,
The plot you posted has the Time Scale obscured, cannot see it, so I have assumed a 500KHz 1Vppk Sine wave input.
As you can see there is some instability in the amp, I have also attached the FFT

EDIT:

Using a 100KHz sine wave input, gives image #3, which matches your 'doc' file plot

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 142
  • AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    35.1 KB · Views: 165
  • specs3d.asc
    3.5 KB · Views: 118
  • AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Hi Eric

That is the one I am looking for. Thank you so much. Sorry, I did not reply yesterday.
I had lesson and checked with my friends too. I have one few initial mistakes in my first circuit.

Thank you

Attachments

• Transient.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Sorry, i forgotten to let you know time scale of the previous graph. Please see the attachment. It is "us".

Thank you

Attachments

• time scale.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 111
I need one more help. Could you teach me how to set up for “transient response of voltage follower?
Kindly see the attaché doc file for reference.
I should find 1% settling time, (t)settle for a volt step <500ns
Thank you
hi,
If you mean the LTS settings for the Transient Response plot I posted, look at these images.

I will look at the response for a 1V step voltage, let you know.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 136
  • AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 146
hi,
Two transient pulse plots, using a 0.5V step and the other using -0.5v to +0.5v input step.

I have used the 'double cursor' option to show a 'rough' measurement of the over/under shoot decay time.

Attachments

• AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    43.3 KB · Views: 145
  • AAesp04.gif
    AAesp04.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 138
  • specs3e.asc
    3.5 KB · Views: 110
  • specs3f.asc
    3.5 KB · Views: 110
hi,
Two transient pulse plots, using a 0.5V step and the other using -0.5v to +0.5v input step.

I have used the 'double cursor' option to show a 'rough' measurement of the over/under shoot decay time.

Wow :) Amazing. Thank you thank you.

I will use your method on my new circuit. (So sorry for the confusion)
I wish I can go ahead with your help.

Thank you again.

Last edited:
hi,
With such a high open loop gain, the amplifier is switching from +/-Vout saturation, as it will.!

Its acting as a comparator because of the small imbalances in the circuit.

Exactly which parameter of the open loop amplifier are you trying measure when you apply the DC analysis, with one input connected to a fixed 0.63v.?????

Last edited:
hi,
With such a high open loop gain, the amplifier is switching from +/-Vout saturation, as it will.!

Its acting as a comparator because of the small imbalances in the circuit.

Exactly which parameter of the open loop amplifier are you trying measure when you apply the DC analysis, with one input connected to a fixed 0.63v.?????

Hi Eric

Oh Ok!

The objective of the project is to design and simulate an operational amplifier which can
be used for high speed switched capacitor filters, in which the load is purely capacitive.

Last edited:
hi,
Are you waiting for more input from me or is the project complete.???:confused:

The Sims I posted should be enough to determine the approximate parameters of the amplifier.

hi,
Are you waiting for more input from me or is the project complete.???:confused:

The Sims I posted should be enough to determine the approximate parameters of the amplifier.

Hi Eric

I am in process to put all together and writing the report. Yes, your posts are more than enough.
I really really appreciate!

Thank you.

Will update you if anything.

You take care:)

hi,

hi,
interesting OpAmp stuff ^ ^
i was wondering how u determine M7 W/L? was that a resister replacement? or current mirror?
pls enlighten me thanks.
sorry i'm abit new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back