Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Speed Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertLemon3

I am looking for high speed motors with enough power for a design I am working on. Unfortunately, most motors are the 1750 or 3400 range. I can't seem to link to anyone with high speed capability (I know they are out there).

Speed: ~15,000 rpm
Power: ~3 hp

I have seen router motors with 22,000 rpm and 3 hp, but this is too fast and I don't need all of the housing components.

thanks.

I am looking for high speed motors with enough power for a design I am working on. Unfortunately, most motors are the 1750 or 3400 range. I can't seem to link to anyone with high speed capability (I know they are out there).

Speed: ~15,000 rpm
Power: ~3 hp

I have seen router motors with 22,000 rpm and 3 hp, but this is too fast and I don't need all of the housing components.

thanks.

THose seem pretty common to me...maybe you have some specs you didn't mention that would rule out the ones I am thinking of? Running voltage is a big one.

Last edited:
Thank you for both comments. I am pursuing multiple paths for this project.

1. The first is to get my motor running (modifying the pcb) See "Simple PCB modification" posted 2/24.
2. The second is to find OEM components instead of monkeying with consumer parts.

Working voltage: Standard input voltage should be 110 AC.

I am open to other options, but standard input voltage should be 110AC. If this needs to be converted, additional components may be required.

If these motors (15000 rpm and 3 hp) are common, could you recommend a couple of manufacturers to call? Any of the sites I went do doesn't show the high rpm motors (or at least in the areas I am looking - Leeson, Baldor, etc.).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry about my previous reply, we do get many people who start several threads because they don't read the responses but obviously this wasn't the case here.

The trouble is 15k rpm is quite fast for such a large motor.

Have you considered gearing up a lower revving higher torque motor? You'll loose a bit of power, though not much.

Last edited:
If my current leads don't pan out, I will definitely keep this in my back pocket.

There are several pros to this path for utilizing a standard 3400 rpm motor being that they are everywhere and cost is probably a dime a dozen. Interchangability/replacement is huge.

I will keep you posted on the success/results of the motor performance.

Thanks,
rl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back