Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High speed capacitor discharge circuit (15Hz, 33% duty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt60

For a bit of background on this project, please refer to my 3x15Hz=45Hz post at:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/simple-timing-circuit-3-x-15hz-45hz.89198/

My project involves driving 3 solenoids sequentially at a rate of 15Hz each, for 45Hz. I have finished the timing side of the project, but the driver circuit for the solenoid still needs to be designed. The timing side is controlled by a 555 and 4017. Everything will be powered by a 9V battery.

These solenoids were originally used with a 10V 6800uF cap and NDS8410A N-channel Enhancement Mode FET (30V max, 11A max continuous). However, I would like to know if there is a Pin Through Hole type FET I could use instead. I would also like to know if using a relay instead of a FET is a good idea.

Thanks for any help

-Chris Placzek

Can you get a relay to operate at 15Hz and dump 10Amps? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back