Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Power LED Driver Circuit Help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i may have found a circuit ideal for the job.

Google Image Result for https://gifpdf.ic-on-line.cn/0185/yb1682_440151800001.gif

would anyone know what i would have to do to change the output to 20v@2a??
how should you NOT use that chip... let me count the ways...

1) you should not use the example circuit since it requires a current limit resistor to wash out the tolerances to the tune of 4V (20% of 20V) of headroom to wash out component tolerances time your 2A load: you would need an 8W resistor...

2) you should not use a lower headroom voltage since as the LEDs heat up their voltages go down causing burn out as they begin to draw more than their rated current.

3) you should not, though it would work better then the previous 2 options, put the LEDs in place of the voltage sense resistor since that would still leave the reference voltage resistor at 1.2V times 2A or 2.5W

I could probably come up with more... but the HV9910 has none of those problems since ti was designed as a current source for power LEDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back