Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High power DC DC converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brk

Hi,

I want to know what are the best topologies for building a high power ( range 1kW). Input / output voltage range is 48V.

Hi,

I want to know what are the best topologies for building a high power ( range 1kW). Input / output voltage range is 48V.

Hi,

Usually you will find an input bridge rectifier followed by an H bridge followed by an output transformer with slightly more turns on the secondary than the primary to boost voltage enough to allow a regulated output even when the input is at low line. Rectified output for DC of course and filter. Current feedback protection is recommended also, sometimes in the form of measuring the current in the lower section of the H bridge.

Hi,

Usually you will find an input bridge rectifier followed by an H bridge followed by an output transformer with slightly more turns on the secondary than the primary to boost voltage enough to allow a regulated output even when the input is at low line. Rectified output for DC of course and filter. Current feedback protection is recommended also, sometimes in the form of measuring the current in the lower section of the H bridge.

an input bridge rectifier...? why? isn't it DC DC ?

an input bridge rectifier...? why? isn't it DC DC ?

Hello,

Ha ha, yes it is now i see that. If it is DC input then there is no need for input rectification. The input bridge rectifier would only be needed with an AC input.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back