Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Frequency Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
push-pull type
A push pull has two time more primary turns.
With 60A on the primary it will be very hard to make. Adding more turns increase the problem.
If anything I would increase the switching frequency greatly. 100s of khz. I think every effort should be made to get the primary turns down.
With a resonant supply it may be possible to get near 1mhz. (zero current or zero voltage switching resonant)

running the thing at 10khz will give you RFI harmonics every 10khz, running at 100khz will have harmonics 100khz apart. as an amateur radio operator, i would rather see RFI spaced 100khz apart than 10khz apart (actually i prefer to have no RFI at all, but it's not a perfect world). 100khz is easier to make filters for (smaller capacitors and smaller inductors).

as an amateur radio operator
I have made some spread spectrum power supplies. The frequency is not constant.
Some of the noise is not from the harmonics of the main frequency but from the speed of the MOSFETs and Diodes along with the L & C in the PCB. My last big supply had a 333mhz noise that was not a harmonic.

running the thing at 10khz will give you RFI harmonics every 10khz, running at 100khz will have harmonics 100khz apart. as an amateur radio operator, i would rather see RFI spaced 100khz apart than 10khz apart (actually i prefer to have no RFI at all, but it's not a perfect world). 100khz is easier to make filters for (smaller capacitors and smaller inductors).
At higher frequencies parasitics inductances and capacitances of wires, PCB board, transformer, etc start to dominate .

30 volt at 60A to 500V supply; I have never done this.
Think about building 5 small supplies. 30V at 12A to 100V isolated supplies. The inputs are in parallel. The outputs are stacked in series. This I can build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back