Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High frequency noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish

Hello,

What are possible causes of 50 kHz noise in a circuit? I built a simple inverting amplifier today using an LF356 opamp, but I persistently get a 50 kHz noise from the output on my oscilloscope. No amount of filtering seems able to get rid of it. Even when I remove call the capacitors from my circuits, leaving only non-reactive elements, this noise persists. It is something to due with my scope? Am I missing something? It's extremely irritating.

Fish said:
Hello,

What are possible causes of 50 kHz noise in a circuit? I built a simple inverting amplifier today using an LF356 opamp, but I persistently get a 50 kHz noise from the output on my oscilloscope. No amount of filtering seems able to get rid of it. Even when I remove call the capacitors from my circuits, leaving only non-reactive elements, this noise persists. It is something to due with my scope? Am I missing something? It's extremely irritating.

It sounds like your circuit is unstable, removing capacitors will only make it worse! - you may need to add a capacitor, to limit high frequency response, to make it stable.

Hi Fish,
The cable capacitance to my 'scope makes opamp circuits oscillate. If I connect the output of an opamp directly to a shielded audio cable the same.
Isolate the opamp from the cable capacitance with a series 100 ohm resistor, like shown on the opamps' datasheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back