Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high cost of PCBOARDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

The boards are cheap enough but shipping is really expensive.
Have boards ordered from JLCPBC for a reasonable cost for 5 boards at $2 but with $32 shipping.
Maybe get boards made here in the states?

The boards are cheap enough but shipping is really expensive.
Have boards ordered from JLCPBC for a reasonable cost for 5 boards at $2 but with $32 shipping.
Maybe get boards made here in the states?
Expect to pay considerably more if you do, and for it to take longer. I designed a small board Monday 10th, sent an order off for 50 to JLCPCB, and they arrived Monday 17th. The boards cost £6.53 and shipping was £16.00 via DHL Express Worldwide.

Bear in mind, they are coming from half way round the world, and you're paying extra for fast shipping - pick a cheaper shipping option, and pay less (but wait longer) - but it's never going to be cheap shipping.

Incidentally, I ordered 50 because it seemed a fairly optimum cost/shipping ratio, if I increased to 100 the shipping went up, and decreasing to 25 it stayed the same.

As Nigel has mentioned, welcome to the brave new world of trans-continental materials procurement.

Having said this, I had been a loyal customer for ExpressPCB for at least 15 or more years. Not anymore. Nowadays for a two layer, tin plated, single silkscreen, rectangular with forced dimensions of 96.5 X 65.5 mm, three (3) boards are US$ 71.00 plus $ 10.90 ground shipping!!

You are far, far better ordering from JLCPCB even when paying a premium delivery. And with many more features like slots, selectable board colors, bottom silkscreen. Also optional ENIG finish, gold fingers and chamfers, 2oz copper, castellated holes and a far more advanced EDA environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back