Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High and low voltage protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beki

Guyz will you please help me out, im not good when it come to electronics design. Im building a high and low voltage protector for home appliance, the circuit that im building is on this site **broken link removed** but the part that i dont understand is the first part which are two transformers (X1 and X2). Im not sure whether these are auto-transformers because their secondary ranges 0-24v and for X2 0-12v,is it one type of transformer or what?

You've messed up the link, so we can't see it - but was it this one?

Which was all I could find with X1 and X2 - and uses clearly marked 12V 300mA transformers.

X3 is drawen backwards. Thay are all 12 volt transformers making three 12 volt power supplys.

If Nigel has the correct link the circuit will not detect under/over voltage but only a phase loss in a 3 phase Y (WYE) configuration. Additionally that website has a rep for several circuits that do not work at all as well as poorly designed circuits.

Ron

If Nigel has the correct link the circuit will not detect under/over voltage but only a phase loss in a 3 phase Y (WYE) configuration. Additionally that website has a rep for several circuits that do not work at all as well as poorly designed circuits.

Ron

There were a LOT of mains protector type circuits there, but this was the only one I found with x1 and x2.

But I suspect it's not the one he wants.

Beats me Nigel, at least you placed time and effort into trying to find the correct circuit. Maybe when and if the OP returns he can provide the circuit he had in mind. Till then.... Oh well. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back