Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high and low side gate driver chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1.5

hallo.
I am looking for a high and low side driver for a future project. this project has 600v dc bus voltage. I plan to drive high and low side igbt. In addition, the driver circuit should be protected against short-circuit currents. It is very important for the driver to switch off safely in case of short circuit. so I am looking for high and low side bridge driver ic. this ic must have switch off feature and 1.5 ~ 2amper output current. Is there a suitable integration you know for this job? or do you know a short circuit switch off circuit that I can adapt to the integrated devices like 2113s?
thanks. Hans.

this ic must have switch off feature and 1.5 ~ 2amper output current. Is there a suitable integration you know for this job?

None I've ever seen has that protection in it, you would need to come up with another add on to the circuit. In my opinion the IR series of gate drivers is over rated, the output is small. The FAN7390 type is both a higher gate current and a slightly higher voltage (625 vs 600) part. And is pretty much interchangeable with the IR ones, in a circuit.

None I've ever seen has that protection in it, you would need to come up with another add on to the circuit. In my opinion the IR series of gate drivers is over rated, the output is small. The FAN7390 type is both a higher gate current and a slightly higher voltage (625 vs 600) part. And is pretty much interchangeable with the IR ones, in a circuit.
Hi thanks.
Maybe your right. I havent found any. I think they should manufacture some.
Anyway still dont know how to make a circuit which able to soft turn off when fault accors. Fan series good but which type of circuit i can modulate it ?
Although after searched many times , still have lots of question marks.

Go to digikey.com or any of you favorite sources of parts.
search "gate driver"
PMIC - Gate Drivers (87000 types)
Hold down CTRL key and click on half-bridge and high/low driver and .... also click on ACTIVE and INSTOCK hit APPLY
Down to 1000 parts.
Select 2 drivers. and push MORE FILTERS, Select high side voltage greater than 600V and peak output current 1 to 8A.
Down to 100 parts.
Most of the 8 pin parts are wrong for this job.
Just dig around in that pile for a while. Play with different filters.
Good luck RonS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back