Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hifi audio isolation without audio transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataul

I need hifi audio isolation circuit, using without audio isolation transformer for my tv set to connect hifi system.
with out this circuit may i shock with high voltage to touch metal body of hifi system or ground line, speaker terminals or input jacks. A good quality audio transformer is not chip or not small in size. any body can give me an idea to make this circuit?

Just use a capacitor in each line.

Pick any value you like such as 100n and put a resistor or a pot across the input (after the caps) to adjust the audio level. Use 200v or higher for each cap.

I need hifi audio isolation circuit, using without audio isolation transformer for my tv set to connect hifi system.
with out this circuit may i shock with high voltage to touch metal body of hifi system or ground line, speaker terminals or input jacks. A good quality audio transformer is not chip or not small in size. any body can give me an idea to make this circuit?

:confused:

Thanks for idea, but caps are not electrically isolate the audio signals.at first i make a circuit with your idea but it do not isolate high voltage.

If you put 4k7 resistors on each input line to ground, the resulting voltage on the input will be less than 10v.

Is ok, but with respect of earth it always 220 voltage ac but not direct, its voltage drop some kilo Ohms loads. i am sure it is not leakage voltage. My tv set circuit supply voltage is not isolate then mains

It does not matter if your TV is "live" or not.
If you put the resistors on the input to your amplifier and earth the amplifier, you will not see any voltage on the input of the amplifier.

Yes!! thanks of lots, my problem is solve. i put a connection my signal ground and earthing and also surprise my sound quality is far far better then previous,

Audio Isolator for Computer sound card

Just use a capacitor in each line.

Pick any value you like such as 100n and put a resistor or a pot across the input (after the caps) to adjust the audio level. Use 200v or higher for each cap.

Colin: i want to use this with my computer sound card and amplifier to protect and isolate my sound card, could you please draw the connection for me.... what i understand is like attached image (for each line).

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• isolator.jpg
    isolator.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 558
Yeah... grounding things does help.

I need hifi audio isolation circuit, using without audio isolation transformer for my tv set to connect hifi system....

Why not do the correct/safe way and use an audio coupling transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back