Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hide values in Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

zevon8

Must be Eagle question day. LOL

Anyways, when I am working on the PCB layout I woudl like to make the part values hidden, less clutter. Or atleast, when I print, I would like to see what the screened board would look like, so I can check Name placement, body outlines, etc.

Manually I think you can set Value to OFF, but I don't think this is what I am after. Is there a "global" show or not show setting for values, names, etc.

Thanks!

layers tValues, bValues

tell me if you need a screenshot. but I hope you will find it. it's on the left side of the screen. (side menu) and top. many color squares on top of each other.

Last edited:
Aaahh! thank you very much bloody-orc, it was driving me mad.
The extra names all over a crowded board made such a mess you couldn't see the forest for the trees. That and it made it a bit of a bugger to grab the right origin when trying to move things!!
<grin>
Coming from the Orcad world, Eagle is taking abit to get my head around.

no prob. Easy question-easy answer ;)

I recommend that you sit there for 30 minutes one day and go through all the buttons and options. That way you can make your first boards better. I am finding things now that would have helped with my first boards, which I already paid to have made :(

Good point Ambient, but it outlines my beef with eagle... cryptic labels on functions, and sometimes sketchy documentation of same. To me, Eagle was written mainly as a command line program, with the user graphical interface lacking in documentation. I can get great info on using any of the commands with all their arguments, in the help files, but nothing telling me what button does the same.

Maybe it's just me, but "stumbling" onto how to move a grouped object, can be frustrating. I'm not complaining about something that is available for free, honest, I just wish that maybe there was something akin to Linux projects where users could contribute to a manual, or similar.

I can use the Eagle pretty well, and having used Orcad, Signlab, AutoCad, and others professionally, I can surmize and figure out the usual ways things are done, it's just that sometimes in Eagle there is so little to go on, you're plodding blind.

how to move a group I hear you ask...

use the group command and draw a line around the components (and tracks) you want to get moved. That done, use the move command and use RIGHT mouse button to move that group. works both in schematic view and board layout.
same for copying parts. select them with group and use cut button and left-click near the components. and then use paste command.

I have found some online eagle tutorials, but really don't need them any more. I have found all those things myself by trying to do something and then just trying every button ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back