Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HID: Human Interface Device (Software)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizier87

From what I've learnt by googling, for Visual Basic users who wants to manipulate data from the USB port, EasyHID serves this purpose. However, the EasyHID download links in Mecanique.com or whatever the sites are have all VANISHED.

On the other hand, I just got the software thru 4shared... but I wonder why is it playing so hard? Is there a better version with a different name or something?

Last edited:
I too found source files and info on the libraries somewhat scarce! Late last year I made a program called iHID using the mcHID library with Visual Studio 10 (Free beta 3 month download)

Although the project files won't open in earlier versions of Visual Studio, the code/forms are compatible with Visual Studio 8 Express (also free)

12-iHID.gif

Source code, programming tips and PIC code can be found here

Last edited:
thanks dr. gramo.. are there full version HID software compatible with the Visual Basic Express 2008, other than the iHID you recommended? I plan to transmit/receive data to my PIC18F2550 with a GUI VB, if this aids the question.

I'm not a doctor!

Not sure what you mean by "full version" - iHID is will connect/send/receive to your USB device, and also handle plugged-in/unplugged events. It's purely designed to operate as a user-modifiable front end for any USB application. Source code is commented and ready for your customisation :)

It work's with VB2008 - I've just tested it. I no longer have the 2008 Express version, though here's a copy of the VB2008 project files I just tested it with (simply imported the forms manually to a new project)

Last edited:
I misread your post about synthesizing the program using Visual Studio.. I thought the download link is for premium users.. That's why I asked for a 'full' version.. My bad :eek:

Anyway I'll be using those files.. wait for my progress.
Thanksalot.

as for the PIC, is it adequate to use it as a USB Bit Wacker (UBW)?
If I remember correctly, a UBW will show up as an RS232 Com port when connected to a computer. That firmware will not work with iHID, as it purely supports a HID interface.

There is a pre-compiled 18F2550 program (Swordfish\iHID.hex) in the zipped project files. It is setup to interface with default iHID settings. The program is written with Swordfish Basic, though you can use any USB HID library or even write your own (not recommended!)
Also, where can I find instructions on how to use the iHID?
I've got a topic on the digital-diy.com forum here, have a look for "VB.net Application Notes:" in the second post.

IF you want to use USB Bit Whacker, then try using a COM Port approach (I say try as I've never actually used a UBW before). As the UBW shows up as a COM Port on the PC when connected, it should be compatible with another program I wrote a while ago, iHyperTerminal (COM Port Serial interface)

65-iHyperTerminal.gif

Let me know how you go either way,

Graham

Last edited:
Actually, I have options on the part where it is configured as a COM port or USB, (I think) since if I'm not mistaken, the demo executables from the MCHPFSUSB.exe configures it into a USB-accessible-to-HID. Isn't it?
I'm exploring the links you gave, I'll let you know ASAP.
Thank you so much for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back