Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
xheavenlyx said:
Indian railway does not perform as good as Uks or Japans but ofcourse it is the largest of all. About 2 million a day commute in Bombay (metropolitan city) itself.

Have you ever been to the UK?.

My wife and daughter went by train to Leicester yesterday, they were catching the train at Chesterfield and the train was 50 minutes late - apparently due to vandlism of the signals further north (which was fair enough). Once they actually got on the train, it was announced that the train was finishing at Derby, and you would have to catch another train. Derby station is a huge building site, and that caused LOT's of chaos there. Eventually they got on another train, and obviously all the people who had paid for reserved seats no longer had them! - so that caused lots of problems, including an entire carriage full of young Indian lads who were off on holiday together.

When they got to Leicester, my wife and daughter were OK as they were getting off, but the other travellers found they had to swap trains yet again!, causing even more chaos!.

The UK is well known for the poor performance and high costs of train travel, India is probably better!.

The now defunkt Grundig Electronics company used to have their UK headquarters at Rugby (where the game was invented), and actually had railway lines directly into their warehouse. However, everytime I went there the lines were piled up and covered by stock - apparently the UK was the only country in the world where Grundig didn't distribute via the rail network - too expensive and too unreliable!.

xheavenlyx said:
:) Yea true. There are problems every where. When we go to India, we too dont like to travel by train, the delay is mostly the same. But they are kinda more prone t accidents too. Its been 10 years since have last traveled by train :D

Same here in the States, and a lot of people use tri-rail (trains) to get to work. They listen to Ebooks. And the airway traffic is worse. Why I hate to travel at all.

All fights, you have to catch another one. You are like and it is like a bad comedy show.

"Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach that man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime."
Teach a man to fish, and he will thenceforth whine about having to go to work every day.

Ron H said:
"Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach that man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime."
Teach a man to fish, and he will thenceforth whine about having to go to work every day.
i decided to add that quote after seeing a lot of "help me to do my homework...." requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back