Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

odessa

Hi everyone,

My names Jay, I live in West London. I love electronics and have been interested since being a kid. I'm 42 now and about 2 years ago started to pursue my interest seriously.

I have been learning C ( mainly using C18 which I get paid part time to write Tcpip based stuff )
and have recently bought a couple of Arduinos which are fantastic ...

Been reading this forum for a while and have found a lot of useful info here so thought I would register and say Hi :)

Jay

Last edited:
Hi Jay.... A lot of people on this forum use C18...including me.. I also mess with arduino's... max32's... netduino's.. They are brilliant.

I don't really get involved with networking.... But again loads of people here do!!

Hi Jay. Welcome to ETO! :)

I recently started programming microcontrollers using C18 as well. I have a couple of 18F1330s and am eventually getting some 16Fs, so I'll use Hi-Tech. I dabble a bit in several other topics, such as high voltage (I'm an avid Tesla coil fan). A moderator here on the site (3v0) does a lot with PIC mcrocontrollers as well and will be able to help you with programming just about anything in C.

I hope you find this site to be a good, enjoyable learning atmosphere. There are plenty of members here who are eager to help you!
Best wishes,
Der Strom

Hi Guys,

Thats good to know you both use C18. I have found C18 to be one of the least documented programs I've ever used. I've stuck with it as I use Microchips Tcpip stack which written in it.
I'm learning how to use the I2C bus at the moment (then it'll be the SPI). Ive made a few projects using timers and interrupts, LCD's etc. I've found it a steep learning curve but very rewarding as it has forced me to understand how the devices actually works. I also use Mikro C which you probably both know.
I'd love to make a tesla coil so I'll be sure to read your threads :)

Jay

Hi Guys,

Thats good to know you both use C18. I have found C18 to be one of the least documented programs I've ever used.

You may find **broken link removed** very helpful. I certainly have :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back