Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi-tech C Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inquisitive

Super Moderator
Is there no longer a version of the hi-tech compiler available for free?

Or are we forced to use XC-8?

That would mean switching to MPLAB X IDE from MPLAB IDE v8.92. Have not had a good experience with X in the past.

HTC is still available in the archives... But as everyone else has said... XC8 is hitech... It will include all newer devices..

Just go to the archive and get XC8 v1.33 or V1.34 or V1.35 All these work great with MPLAB8 the latest version whinges about MPLAB8 and works better with MPLABX

Thanks Nigel and Ian. That was was I needed to know.

Surfed on and off for a few days with unsatisfactory information to the problem. I'll try the suggestions.

All the HTC copies (v9.50, v9.6)I downloaded needed a license key and when you try the trial license it cannot authenticate with the HTC licensing server. So they are useless to the new user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back