Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi power H Bridge......Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledge21

Hi all.
I now this was covered a lot of times over the web, but not from a beginners point of view
I am relative new to electronics but want to do this project real bad.
I have 2x 36v 800W dc motors. I want to use them in a tank stile robot/security tank that has to be driven via rc radio.
The thing is I have a lot of old UPS, printers, inverter welders and a whole heap of rc brushed esc and servos and stuff.
Is it possible to drive a kind of H Bridge from the brushed esc output or will it be easier to do it from a place inside the servo.
I have a lot of the following stuff and want to use them if possible:
12x IRF2807 mosfets
22x SW50n 06 Mosfets
10x IRF740 mosfets
8x L298 drivers
and a lot of other diodes and resistors and a couple of boxes of all kind of stuff.
Please keep in mind I am a beginner and can not work with Ics yet.
I can help myself with soldering and strip boards and made my first copper pcb board that works......kind off.
Please help!
Thanks.

Hi, I suppose if you learn to control a small DC motor first that'd give you a pretty decent idea. Your question is a bit fuzzy. If you're wondering whether you can scrounge off parts from a printer to drive the motor, I'd say no you can't. Printers mainly use stepper motors, and you need to know how to use microcontrollers to drive the driver.

A good step is to take a small DC motor, and learn how to use a mosfet or H-Bridge IC to control it.

While you're at it, learning how to use microcontrollers will help a lot. Here's our household page:

Cheers,
Vizier87

Ok that is it then, I must first learn some things.......
Oh yes I also have an Arduino uno and 4x Atmega8 chips but didn't try anything since I don't know anything. I will get back to you.
Thanks.

Yes, an Arduino is good for your purpose. Keep it simple first, build up your programming expertise. Turn on LEDs, blink em, all within the common microcontroller literatures. Then you can advance to driving the chips to control the motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back