Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi need help here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnlai

i currently doing one project...i need to work out a prototype. anybody got any ideas that can assist me?thanks alot in advance...i 1st time here so thanks for all help =)

Aim:

To develop and build a door alarm system that able to detect burglar when the house is broken into. It can alert the police without the owner calling.

Objectives:

1.To design an Alarm system using a PIC microcontroller to control various application.
2. To develop an IR detector using one sensor to detect the burglars when lock is broken.
3.To create a LCD display to show correct or wrong password is entered.
4.To provide a Radio link or short messages of the house address to alert the police station when the house has been broken into.
5.To produce an evaluation report for the hardware developed

Not a good idea, I wouldn't want to be in trouble for wasting police time due to a false alarm.

Hero999 said:
Not a good idea, I wouldn't want to be in trouble for wasting police time due to a false alarm.

You can't have a alarm now that dials the Police in the UK, it has to dial an alarm company, who then check it's an authentic alarm, and they ring the police.

this is just a prototype..i dun need really need to activate the police...but anyone can help mi with the circuit?which circuit is most suitable for mine

but i still needs to find circuit n do myself right?tat is y i'm here so that anyone can assist me with a circuit to i can make it myself

Are you college students in such a hurry that you can't figure out how to spell "why" or "and"...?

shawnlai said:
but i still needs to find circuit n do myself right?tat is y i'm here so that anyone can assist me with a circuit to i can make it myself

This forum is very willing to offer any help you need but you will have to first try and work it out yourself and bring us any problems or questions. To start from scratch is asking alot of people. Don't you want the experience for yourself? Try to work out some hardware that you think will work then show it to us. You'll get alot farther that way.

Don't teachers teach anything anymore?
Don't students learn anything anymore?
Telling a student to "develop" a circuit then he just begs, borrows or steals it instead of designing the circuit himself.

to be fair to the teacher, we don't know it he just tossed it out there or has gone through the various stuff he needs to know. It does seem a bit odd to assign a complete package like this unless the course is an upper level one. In which case, the student is clearly not at the top of his class.

shawnlai said:
but i still needs to find circuit n do myself right?
No you're supposed to design the circuit yourself - that's the whole piont!

Any idiot can solder, before machines could solder they used to emply low skilled workers to do it and they still do for small production runs!

tat is y i'm here so that anyone can assist me with a circuit to i can make it myself
If you have a go at designing it then we will assist you as much as we can.

What we will not do is give you the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back