Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi i need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLGin

Hi there, i am currently doing final year project and it consists of detecting noise and display a message "the noise level is too high" using lcd display.i wonder if any one can help me on this?thanx

eLGin

you should also try searching googel: LCD control (with pic) if needed.

Regarding about my project...

Hi there,thanks for replying me msg.i really in dire of help.Currently i am doing a project which consists of IR detector.Well i think i explain in detail....

IR detector -> 7 segment counter display -> 8051 micro-controller -> speed of fan.

I will like to further enhance this project by adding an extra circuit.I thought of adding a noise filter circuit where it can detect noise and from there it goes through the micro controller and to the lcd display where it shows "The noise level is too high".
i wonder if u peeps know any circuit designs which can detect noise and show onto lcd display.

thanks alot.

Re: Regarding about my project...

eLGin said:
Hi there,thanks for replying me msg.i really in dire of help.Currently i am doing a project which consists of IR detector.Well i think i explain in detail....

IR detector -> 7 segment counter display -> 8051 micro-controller -> speed of fan.

I will like to further enhance this project by adding an extra circuit.I thought of adding a noise filter circuit where it can detect noise and from there it goes through the micro controller and to the lcd display where it shows "The noise level is too high".
i wonder if u peeps know any circuit designs which can detect noise and show onto lcd display.

thanks alot.

To display on an LCD a micro-controller is the obvious way to go, you may well be able to feed the LCD from your existing 8051?. If not, you could simply use an extra one - from your existing use though it should have plenty of resources spare!.

To detect the noise you simply need a microphone and preamplifier, rectify this (with a precision rectifier) and feed it into a comparator - you can simply set the other comparator input so that the output switches at your required level, feed this output to a micro-controller input that tells it to display the message. Or you could feed the analogue voltage into an A2D input, and do the compare in software.

Erm sorry to ask you something again.To be precise about my project.i call my project "Smart Room System".I just mainly want to detect any noise produced in a room,something like a classroom.hMm if u say using a microphone,i dont think is suitable.

thanx.

eLGin said:
Erm sorry to ask you something again.To be precise about my project.i call my project "Smart Room System".I just mainly want to detect any noise produced in a room,something like a classroom.hMm if u say using a microphone,i dont think is suitable.

You said you wanted to check for 'noise', do you mean acoustic noise (as I assumed), or electrical noise?.

If acoustic noise, you need some kind of microphone, and obviously external sound could affect it - you could minimise it placing the microphone as close as possible, and keeping the gain low.

Perhaps you need to be more explicit?.

hMm i guess i just mainly need to build a circuit which could detect the noise level in the classroom and display the outout message onto the lcd display. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back