Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HI!!! bluetooth project idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr. mister

I am currently searching for a bluetooth project idea, where bluetooth technology is used to form a network communication between certain devices and a computer e.g. a group of cameras

i was wondering what steps i would take if i were to create a windows based interface which controls a camera's (or even more) positioning and zoom function;

1. what programming language to use to develop this interface

2. how to go about communicating with the remote camera - control issues, etc

3. i would surely need to build some form of external circuitry that sends control information to the camera which it receives from the computer via bluetooth (serving as an intermediary device)

4. How can this intermediary device be interfaced with a survaillance camera? how do i make it bluetooth enabled so it communicates with the computer sending command information and returning information transformed into visual form on screen??

5. is it possible to have this intermediary device controlled via the web?? (disregarding bluetooth now) like making it web enabled so control information can simply be inputted by an amateur user via an interface contained on a web page (i'm thinking java? visual basic??)

Any form of information at all will be greatly appreciated

I would also greatly appreciate if you could contribute ideas on what could make good bluetooth projects

many thanks

This is a VERY complicated project if you want to build all that. If the camera is controlled by a serial port you can buy a bluetooth to serial converter for about $300 from ConnectBlue. Other than that I'd say this project is too complicated for a beginner. Bluetooth also isn't well suited to transmit images.

Having it controlled through the web would actually be a bit easier. Zilog makes a microcontroller with an ethernet interface and embedded TCP/IP stack (Z80Acclaim). You could probably get something up and running with their development kit. This is still not an easy project though.

Brent

Developemt Of radio controlled car using bluetooth technology

Hi there this is my project is all about .This project is to develop the transmitter or the remote control module of the radio controlled toy car. The whole system consists of to part the receiver and the transmitter. The system uses the Bluetooth 2.4GHz band to avoid interference from other wireless devices such as cordless phones and etc. The student has to work hand-to-hand with another student who will do the second part of the system, which the receiver module of the radio controlled car

1. To determine the systems specification. 2. To design and construct/fabricate both hardware and software of the receiver module of the systems. 3. To develop interfacing software for the systems. 4. To perform test run and finalize a working prototype.

So now i need help on what sepecifications that i need to construct this prototype. i also need help on how to programmed the microcontroller to gives command on the movement of the car. Can you suggest me on what is the best microcontroller to used for this project and the bluetooth chip too... Thanks.....

i actually did this thing for my semester project for the course of microcontrollers, but my idea was a bit different as i wanted a smart home using bluetooth. \

1) the computer interface would have to be using something like java because it provides and using C++ would be easier for communication purposes.

2) generally the bluetooth devices available work using AT-Command Setso you would need to study that. and to comunicate to the blutooth device you would need either a USB-interface or serial-iterface. I used the Serial Port device but the the problem was that it was comparatively expensive and not easily available so due to this decision the project got really srewed up. USB-interfacing is a bit difficult or new but the devices are readily available. use C++ for making the PC to communicate with the device

3) i think nothing more than a controller and few other things would be enough, interface the bluetooth device and camera to the controller. controller would recieve the instruction sent by computer from the bluetooth device and after processing give the required commands to the camera. try using the web-cam be cause i dont think the normal digital cameras give such flexiable control to the user to allow it to operate it externally.

4) The bluetooth devices would communicate using AT-Command set you would need to study the AT-command set of the perticular device that you are using. When the image is sent back to the PC it can be displayed using java(i think so).

5)yup the web would be a lil easy and a some what cheaper. because now you can use the TCP/IP protocol.

i intended to make a smart-home sort of a thing using the bluetooth. but what ever the thing they are somewhat the same. after you learn to control the bluetooth device the rest of the stuff is easy.

@GOESWAMI

i used the serial interface using atmel-8059 microcontroller. but if YOU USE PIC or AVR i think that would be better.

Bluetooth help

The micro controller that was mentioned atmel...but can it works with the bluetooth chip....and can you suggest me the best bluetooth chip to be used with the microcontroller

as i said the bluetooth module has a small development board which provides a serial RS-232 connection to the module apart from other easy to use connection to the chip. so any controller that is configurable for serial comunication would work.

But i think the USB-Dongle would be better, but as i havent used it, so cant say for sure.

i used the module named blu2i with its development board. the device can be purchased from www.tekgear.com . as far as my knowledge goes any bluetooth device can be used with controller that can support the chosen mode of communication.

home automation

can we use the bluetooth technology for home automation and is the bluetooth technology is compatible with microcontrollor.

[

hi1 i`m looking for a project on bluetooth for my final yr engg proj. i was also thinking of doing the home automation stuff.actually i`ve been alotted this proj. can u plz help me with the idea.

Last edited:
what exactly is the scope of your project, as i said it was my 4th semester's semester project. making it a final year project what is that you intend to implement.

Is there any informative website whereby i can check out the specfications for atmel mega avr 8515 and the specifications for bluetooth chip. im having diffuclity browsing the internet for this information.

in the past , I worked for a company working on security and supervision.
My job was set up the camera in the bulding ,factory and the others.
therefore , i also have some experience about that .
I know some kind of camera such as IP camera ,zoom camera ,convert camera ..vv .They also have various features .
with IP camera ,you can control it by PC via the internet ,viewing ,moving ,..v.v
To send control information to the camera ,you can use IR remote control
or RF control ( for the wireless camera)
by mean of programming ,you can design a software which control the camera by PC.
using PIC is the best choice for your project.I think that

Last edited:
am a new joiner...

n am in fin engg... v need to submit our new project synopsis..... so am interested in bluetooth technique,,.. can the experts ova here help me with it ..... thanks a lot....bye..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back