Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi All

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZ

New member checking in. I like the look of your site and decided to join.
My interests at the moment include : using usb, pics, stepper motors and ir barriers. I was drawn here in fact by a google link to the search ir barrier. Checking out the circuit now.
I've spent 12 years in Silicon Valley practising rf. I'm not a Ham, but I've learned much from them. I've migrated to Oz, and now I teach HS science.
I hope to participate here from time to time.

Cheers,
MrZ

ikalogic said:
welcome :)

my first question to you, what is HS?

oh, here comes the second question, what is Oz? :D

"what is Oz?"

Well a guess is that he's not in Kansas anymore, Toto :D

Welcome aboard.. Filled in locations is always welcome by me. :D

HS is high school, Oz is where my buddy is doing his honeymoon (Sidney I think or that area).

RF is something many here like. Hope you can help out.

Try not give the sudents all the answers. Read some forums for links to tutorials that already exists so you do not waste time. Many others have spent a lot of time putting the information on the web and you can direct them there.

Everything is upside down here

;)

Thanks for answering the ???'s. You are correct. Well done! Sorry I couldn't resist.

Do you guys remember anything electronic you did in HS? Remember the sorry old wires with alligator clips and woefully inaccurate analog voltmeters? Well they are still in there. I'd like to update the equipment by building it with the students. Each succeeding year would add a new layer.
I guess the first thing is the power supplies. Why are power supplies so expensive?

Variable power and current are. mpja.com might be a place to look for low cost units. But they are in the US.

Power Supplies

I've been browsing some circuits posted here... The MJPA site has a $20 3-12V 2A model that looks not unlike what you find in classrooms today. It can handle 240VAC but would require an adapter here. I wonder if it could be hacked up a bit, replaced with a circuit like **broken link removed**
It would be nice to see a digital readout of amps and volts. I once built an A/D ckt that detected voltage from a thermistor.
The enclosure and coil might be worth the price alone.

traffic light circuit

hi people,
I'd like if any one can tell me his opinion in this circuit i'm still a beginner in that, So I'd like to have comments please.
thanx

Attachments

• traffic light circuit.JPG
    traffic light circuit.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 157
hussain.elsaid said:
hi people,
I'd like if any one can tell me his opinion in this circuit i'm still a beginner in that, So I'd like to have comments please.
thanx

why don't you start a new thread yabou saied!??

then, the schematic is not clear, nor did you say what it is all about... hey, there may be genuises here, not magicians! :D

Can't you zoom in a little bit?

Hero999 said:
Can't you zoom in a little bit?

Hey! Give him a break! He couldn't even start his own thread, so why should he be able to zoom in? :rolleyes:

Schematics compress really well so using a larger than needed resolution is a good idea or no real details are visable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back