Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi all please advise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that would be great a picture LOL I really am in the dark on all this stuff.

I really do think I am getting a lot of noise spikes from the PC psu to.

I will follow the diagram you draw later and see if it makes it any better then I will move on to trying to filter the 12v noise spikes if there is any.

Thanks so much every one

Can you follow this ?

Holy crap yes even I can follow that LOL thanks very very much I will let you know how I get on.

Could this help eliminate the noises I am getting :(.

If not do you have some kind O simple circiut I could built to filter the 12v from the PC psu to the amp as well pretty please :)
Thanks so so much

Could this help eliminate the noises I am getting
I hope so. I think your problem is more likely to be a wrong input connection than psu noise. Try it and see, then we'll think about the psu filtering later, if necessary.

Hi all I am back :)

I did what Altec_t said and I still have unwanted noise from the speakers.

Please can some one help make a small easy filter that goes off the 12v rail to the amp as I think its the power supply causing problems :(.

Thanks all

To design a psu filter we'd need to know the current requirements of your amplifier. Do you know how many Amps it draws at full power, or its stated VA rating (not the 'music power')?

Last edited:
:( I have no details and none come with it hope this can help though its what I got

**broken link removed**

Judging from the size of the components I would guess (and it's only a guess) that the amp power is no more than 10W RMS (other members may have different views!). So the supply current may be ~1A.
You could try the attached. It's not guaranteed to cure the problem but should suppress at least some of the higher frequency components of any PSU interference. But before building this filter try powering the amp from a 12V battery (e.g. car battery) or other known noise-free 12V source.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back