Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi all eeprom

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKS

what could be the problem when you write something to a eeprom and you read another symbol from it ..??

i use a 20Mhz (osc) pic could it be the bus speed to high..???

TKS

You don't say what kind of EEPROM you are trying to write, but I'm presuming it's an I2C one?. A 20MHz PIC can certainly write out faster than an I2C EEPROM can receive it, your code should be written accordingly, bearing in mind the speed limitations of the EEPROM - you can get those details from the datasheet.

You could also have a problem with your I2C routines, have a look at my I2C tutorial for software I2C code which I know works. If you're trying to use the I2C hardware in the 16F877, I have heard it's very difficult to get working, and that the application notes from MicroChip don't work.

i'm using

pic compiler and i just grabbed 2 ports who where free..

(d.0 & d.1)

and wired it up like your tut (whit the 9K res..)

i think its the speed i will write my own routine.. whit delays..

ionstead of the basic commands..

(in the help i read something about the speed limit)
but i turned the slof_bus=on ..i will see..

TKS

Try to put longer delay. PIC at 20Mhz is much faster then EEPROM .
I now face a problem on I2C.

I have written code for Atmel 24C64 i2c EEPROM, it works just fine.
Now i use Microchip 24LC64, but that just wont work.
I've checked the timing spec, both are almost identical.
I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me the reason.

i also have

lying a pair of those atmels around...

i think it are the config bits..??

or something near like the control byte..???

TKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back