Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HF tone generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_P_K

I want to buils a HIGH POWERED dog whistle! Yes Really!!!

Something that will produce a high frequency tone (above audible to humans) Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
~john

I believe you have to get a high frequency speaker as well, i dont know what you call it. Maybe the ones in those bug deterrant things you plug into the wall will work, i dont know??

More or less any oscillator followed by an amplifier and a high-frequency driver (tweeter) will do the job.

A 555 running at 30kHz or whatever frequency you like.

How much power do you want, couple of hundred mW (LM386), a watt (TBA820M), more (God help the dog.)

Piezos are often used but an small speker wod work.You dont need high power i made one whith a speker that was waery silent in audio range but wen i thurned the potencimeter to high freq. there was about 7 dogs going nuts!

You can use a ultra sound speaker. They used them in old TVs for remote control(must have made the dogs crazy) and the use them for parking helpers today(radar parking)... I just don`t know if they are omnidirectional
?

EDIT - better yet sonar parking :lol:

their not omnidirectional, it's beamwidth is around 90 degrees, but it bounces off solid objects very well and that property makes the ultrasonic waves travel futher.It would be very nice if you could use ultrasonic because it's designed for frequencies just above the human hearing range(above 20KHz) but more expensive compared to ceramic transducers and normal speakers :D
BTW: Do you know about a dog's hearing frequency range? :D

I think that dogs hear to about ~35 kHz, and cats a bit higher...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back