Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hey guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrk

Hey all,

I've been in and out of electronics, but I've started a project that I'm having the hardest time working on.

I want to make a timer with Seven-segment displays (Mins and seconds), and add a speaker that emits a sound when it hits 0:00. I want to be able to set the time with a nob (like an old fashion "ding" timer)

I'm not too sure where to start with all this, I know basic electronics, I can solder and read schematics.

Any advice would be great.

To start with, first find a completed project schematic for a countdown timer. Here are some examples:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
https://www.turbokeu.com/myprojects/countdown3.htm

Next, determine if any of these schematics fit what you want to do. If one does, then make a parts list, buy the parts and then build it on some proto board or plug board.

If you can't find a schematic that does exactly what you want, then find something that seems very close and then either ask the original author of the schematic how he might change it to add your missing features, or ask us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back