Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hex File Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleyk

Hi all please i will like to meet some guru who can teach me how to program on hex file on AT-mel Chips.
I really want to program my circuit board for LED Sequencer but i don't know how to write the language programming.

Typically you write the code in either assembly or C (IMHO assembly is a bit easier to grasp for first time programmers). The instructions you use depend largely upon the instruction set of the chip you plan to be using.

Once you write the code in assembly, you save the file as a .asm file, then run it on an "assembler". The assembler translates your assembly source code into hex machine code that the chip can work with. The assembler is just a program on your PC that does this assembly to machine code conversion. For those of us who delve into the world of PIC micros, we use MPASM, which comes with Microchip's free Integrated Development Environment, MPLAB IDE.

For writing in C, a "compiler" is used to convert the C source code into hex machine language.

There are plenty of online programming tutorials out there. Google websites on "assembly language" and you should find the very knowledge you're seeking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back