Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

here's a hard one. i'll do anything who builds it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvoltage

ok i just got this project. its impossible. it is a fictional weapon underground. the basis is that after 60 after i activate the circuit, it will carry an amp of current for a minimum of 15 milliseconds. i need someone to build that circuit by thursday. make a circuit design. give me that design, and tell me what everything does. if someone does it... if you need a hookup in music or anything just lemme know so can anyone do it?

Hi PV,
A delay of 60 what? Seconds?
A simple circuit would be to use a CD4060 oscillator/divider IC. Two resistors and a capacitor set its oscillator's frequency to 273Hz. 60 seconds after power is applied to it , its divide by 16,384 output activates which turns-on a Mosfet that conducts the 1A of current from a high-current battery to your load. Just remember to use a power-up-reset circuit for the IC which is just a resistor and capacitor on its reset pin. The load will be turned-on for 30 seconds after the timing period.
Does it activate a stink bomb or something?
If you need a 60 minute delay set its oscillator to 4.55Hz.
I won't build it for you 'cause I don't need a hookup in music. I AM a hookup in music!

Nothing is impossible, once the problem is realised, the rest is just details.

The problem here is though we do not know the problem...

its after 60 seconds. can anyone draw me a physical design to show me where everything goes? i got connectts to anything. if you need NETHING i'll do it. well physically over the net.. i need that design!

How to Build a 60 Second Timer

NOTICE: TO ALL CONCERNED Certain text files and messages contained on this site deal with activities and devices which would be in violation of various Federal, State, and local laws if actually carried out or constructed. The webmasters of this site do not advocate the breaking of any law. Our text files and message bases are for informational purposes only. We recommend that you contact your local law enforcement officials before undertaking any project based upon any information obtained from this or any other web site. We do not guarantee that any of the information contained on this system is correct, workable, or factual. We are not responsible for, nor do we assume any liability for, damages resulting from the use of any information on this site.

If you want to make a timer, its easy. This timer can go for 60 seconds or less.

You first need a few common materials:

-a analog clock with a second hand (a small clock or something, but not a watch) Kitchen timers are ideal
-wire
-a power source
-something to send the electricity to
-a nail

-before starting make sure the clock is off

1. Take your clock and at the 12 put the nail in but so that the top of the nail would get hit when the second hand comes around. Also make sure that a lower section of the nail is accessable.

2. Wrap some wire around the second hand, enough so that a connection would be made when the second hand comes in contact with the nail.

3. Attach a wire from the end of the second hand close the center of the clock to whatever is being set off. Make sure that the wire is connected to the wire wrapped around the second hand.

4. Put a wire between whatever is being set off to your power source.

5. Put a wire from the power source to the bottom of the nail (or to a part of the nail under or above where the second hand will make contact.

Now to set your timer:

1. Move the second hand to anywhere but touching the nail. If you put it to the 6 you will have 30 seconds. If you put it right after the 12 you will have 60. I would think you would understand.

2. Get ready to move away if this is some sort of bomb or if not then be ready to start whatever is going on.

3. Turn on the clock.

Or if you want to be a distance from your device just get a long length of wire

First a cautionary tale ...
An electronics expert who built the timer used in the Lockerbie bombing,
Ueli Lumpert told the trial of the two Libyans accused of the bombing that he had designed a timer. He drew up a blueprint for the electronic component in 1985 after the firm's co-owner,
Edwin Bollier, came to him with an urgent order.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/810560.stm

Sounds like you need more help than just a drawing,
I recomend a course ..
The Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC) is the U.S. Army's principal research and development center for chemical and biological defense technology, engineering, and services. They have a long and distinguished history of providing the Armed Forces with quality systems and outstanding customer service.

Electronics Theory and Applications for the Hazardous Device Technician. This intensive 40 or 80-hour course is meant for professional hazardous devices technicians, such as explosive ordinance disposal (EOD) or bomb squad professionals. Students are taught the basics of direct current theory and applications specifically related to techniques used in improvised trigger devices for WMD. There is also an emphasis on the unique aspects of WMD CB dissemi¬nation devices, which employ electrical and electro-mechanical com¬ponents such as solenoid valves, solenoid actuators, and relays. Latching circuits, collapsing circuits, and timing circuits—including the 555 timer—are also covered. Students learn practical circuit design and breadboarding of circuits to demonstrate digital logic, truth tables, and clock circuits. Additionally, each participant completes a project that includes design layout, schematic drawing, breadboarding, and hand soldering of a fully functional timer circuit, which may be used in future training exercises.

Attachments

• bt1.jpg
    bt1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,528
im not building a bomb! its for my electronic career class. like show me where the resistors go and all that stuff. im not a school rebel who has a lot of enemies :twisted:

audioguru said:
Hi PV,
A delay of 60 what? Seconds?
A simple circuit would be to use a CD4060 oscillator/divider IC. Two resistors and a capacitor set its oscillator's frequency to 273Hz. 60 seconds after power is applied to it , its divide by 16,384 output activates which turns-on a Mosfet that conducts the 1A of current from a high-current battery to your load. Just remember to use a power-up-reset circuit for the IC which is just a resistor and capacitor on its reset pin. The load will be turned-on for 30 seconds after the timing period.
Does it activate a stink bomb or something?
If you need a 60 minute delay set its oscillator to 4.55Hz.
I won't build it for you 'cause I don't need a hookup in music. I AM a hookup in music!

dude... this guy's solution is ur best bet... looking up the datasheets and breadboarding all that **** aint gonna take u a few days.... just do it man...

PV,
I sure hope we don't see the results of your timer in tomorrow's news.
What time zone are you in? So we will know it was caused by you.

(praying for a misfire)

I find it inappropriate for any of you to lend a hand to an obvious nutcase.

I hope the prick meets his maker.

:evil:

oh wow everyone thinks im gonna be the next iraqi soldier or somethin. i'm as str8 as can be . i live in lowell. i dont need bombs haha

Ldi Edt said:
(praying for a misfire)

I find it inappropriate for any of you to lend a hand to an obvious nutcase.

I hope the prick meets his maker.

:evil:

OK can we stop being stupid and childish!!!!

1) he has not said this is for a bomb - admitidly he probably wouldn't if it was, but just becuase he doesnt say it is for a bomb doesnt make it for a bomb

PERSON 1: "I need some help to make a timer circuit"

PERSON 2: OMG STFU, Hax0r, USA Hator, why you want to kill my frenz"

GROW UP!!!

2) IF it was for a bomb 60seconds is the most stupid timer for a bomb in existance!!!. Bomber who set timers do not want to die in the explosion, thus the need for a delayed explotion - 1min is no way long enough to get away from an explsion that could kill!!! thus if it was for an explosion timer it would be a harmless one

Also if the timer was for 60sec because he was a suicide bomber and was going to die with the explosion, why bother with a timer, why not just a trigger switch!!!

He wants a timer circuit, so what, lets help him. IF it was for a bomb do you know how easy it is to make a timer:

1) buy a clock with hands
2) remover second and minuit hand
2) drill hole through face
3) stick wire through the hole
4) attach wire to hour hand.
5) make the hour hand 12V
6) Other wire going to charge-primer.
6) set the hour hand for the time - accurate to about 10min

BOOM!!! it is that easy, no electronics, no nothing, shite I could go home and knock one up in 30min

FFS!!!

ya i need a physical diagram still i just need to know where to put the capicitor and resistor. just help me out on this one. i need to pass electronics!

He, he. What's that bad smell outside? His timer worked! It didn't go BOOM, it just released hydrogen-suphide into his face, after 2 minutes and he went back to see why it didn't go off in 1 minute (wrong calculation)!
He, he. Being childish again is fun, isn't it?

Sure, you can just buy a clock and hook it up. That's not for us techies! We would make the clock from scratch.

Hi PV,
Good, no BOOM and no bad smell outside, you didn't finish it yet. :lol:
What I smelled was probably from someone else (or me).

Which capacitor and resistor? For the oscillator or for the power-up reset?
I am glad to hear that you are studying electronics, but it sounds more like terrorist training. All the information you need is on the datasheets. The datasheet for the CD4060 I got from a quick Google search is here:
https://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/CD/CD4060BC.pdf

So lets just recap:

You need a timer circuit

It is for some kind of a school project or homework

You HAVE TO PASS ELECTRONICS

You expect us to do all the work for you

You have not got a clue where to start! What have you be doing in class? not listening to the teacher or reading the books I am sure!

JimB

hehe this was good ..well lowell didnt make the news today..lol

either he didnt finish or he missed the school bus and is working on it as we speak.. :shock:

pvoltage we're just jokeing around ..
welcome to the board..

With the changes to English law this week your request came at a bad time,but thinking about it , I could use some time off work and indefinite house arrest without trial merely on the grounds that I might be up to no good has some appeal..

So for those who missed it first time around..
That classic icon of design....
the seven segment display bomb timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back