Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Here is the circuit..... What is the motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_reagle

I found this circuit and wanted to know what stepper motor I could use with it.. I do not know what motor(type) I am looking for. Thanks for any direction.

Attachments

• stepperckt.jpg
    stepperckt.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 166
As I am sure most would. Would NPN transistors suffice as drivers?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Wow. Kinda pricey... Any suggestions on whare to find a used(salvaged) one? Any key features?
Thanks again.

Would this work??

**broken link removed**

Although a unipolar requires a less complex circuit than a bipolar, it also is slower than its bipolar cousin, requires more windings of wire for same power as bipolar hence "Pricey"

Forget the simple circuit, look into some H-bridge driver chips and use a bipolar step motor.

Speed is not real a issue is it. 1/2 turn in 1/2 sec.??

When I very first started electronic's my instructor always said to use the K.I.S.S. rule.

Last edited:
Speed is not real a issue is it. 1/2 turn in 1/2 sec.??

Not really, but I would think price is. Bipolars are much more common and can be had at much more moderate cost :)

But the circuitry is more $$?

Yes, of course. Yours will be more $$ when finished. :mad: That bit of circuit can not drive a stepper motor!

Use the outputs to control a stepper motor driver. There is no stepper motor which can be connected directly to the logic.

You can save $$ not connecting any motor to that circuit. The chips will fry right away.

Boncuk

I would have used transistors for drivers, but I will have to do more research on the matter. Do you have any links that would be helpful?

I would have used transistors for drivers, but I will have to do more research on the matter. Do you have any links that would be helpful?

Google "full H-bridges"

Boncuk

Is there no H-bridge driver chip that operates at 3vdc(min)?

Would this circuit work with 3 vdc?

Attachments

• stepperckt2.jpg
    stepperckt2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back