Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Henry and inductance formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarygood536

Is there formula for calculating henrys? I'm looking for a way to calculate it with number of turns, diameter, size of wire. My plan is to have a air coil to wirelessly transfer power from one coil to another. I need the henrys for RLC circuit math (2PiFL =XL or XC ) also is there a formula to calculate my inductace distance? I'd like to maximize my distance i can have the 2 coils apart.

Thanks for any help
~ Jeff

Thanks just what i was llooking for. How would i go about calculating voltage? Just do the ratio? like 2:1 step down so primary coil has 10 and secondary has 5 volts?

Yes. The calculations will only get you in the ball park. Are you shooting for a particular frequency? The variables are numerous. Coil spacing between turns is a big one and can be used to tweek the coil on frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back