Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Helping COMPLETE beginner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

huzar1136

Hello everyone!

So, this is my first thread on electro-tech. And well, i never made anything electronic either in my life. But i want to!

Thats why i now want you to suggest some "guides" or a project or something really easy which may help me getting started understanding how electronics work, and get me started making some really simple stuff.

Greetings
- Huzar

Hello everyone!

So, this is my first thread on electro-tech. And well, i never made anything electronic either in my life. But i want to!

Thats why i now want you to suggest some "guides" or a project or something really easy which may help me getting started understanding how electronics work, and get me started making some really simple stuff.

Greetings
- Huzar

hi and welcome.
Look thru these links for tutorials.

Free Electronics resouces: schematics, tutorials, datasheets, radios, tesla coils, FPGA's, microprocessors - Freebyte's Guide to

**broken link removed**

The 555 Astable Circuit - Electronics in Meccano

Hello again!

Thank you very much for the answer, but!
That was not really what i was looking for :(
I thinke i may use those links later, but right now i dont understand a thing from those websites.
What i need is some specific article or a project i can begin with.

Greetings
- Huzar

One of the most basic circuits to start with is lighting an LED (Light Emmitting Diode). If you Google "simple LED circuit" many sites will come up, each with its own personality. Pick the one that you're most comfortable with.

You might also check in this forum.

You want to do this right? Do you have an understanding of mathematics up to/thru some algebra? If yes to both of those questions - then pick up a copy of Grob's Basic Electronics. This is textbook used by many EE101 type courses. It starts with the basics ("what is an electron?") and progresses from there. Note that you should try to get an older edition (a recent edition won't be cheap - remember, this is a college/university-level textbook, those are never cheap)...

9-minute YouTube video on how to make a flasher. Minimal parts:
Two Transistor Flasher

But I agree with cr0sh; I suggest doing some reading before you jump right in. I'm not too apt with mathematics myself. I started last January with Make: Electronics by Charles Platt and Electronics for Dummies by Cathleen Shamieh and Gordon McComb. Be sure to get the second edition. For help learning the math, I got Electronics DeMystified by Stan Gibilisco. Most of the formulas you'd need are in the first two books I mentioned, but DeMystified has practice quizzes and tests. The first two are better to get started hands-on and has much for detail for the beginner. It depends on how you learn, so be prepared to adapt!

Another video Lecture - 1 Introduction to Basic Electronics

Thanks for all those answers! :D
I think they will help me getting started, but more suggestions are still welcome, of course! :D

Greetings
- Huzar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back